I accidentally ran across a brown and an orange winged moth in my room and i had fun taking pictures of it. It has a scary face but its wings are so cool and beautiful. Below are the pictures I took. They’re good but not the best. Sorry coz I don’t have an HD camera. LOL.
Difference Of Moth And A Butterfly
Butterflies are mostly brightly colored day-flying insects with long clubbed antennae while moths lack clubs at the end of their antennae. And moths usually at night while most butterflies, at daytime.
Some Interesting Facts About Moths
- Scientists estimate there are more than 150,000 moth species worldwide!
- Some moths don’t have mouths. For example, the beautiful Luna moth does not have a mouth so cannot eat and will live only for about one week, with the singular purpose of mating.
- They are good at impersonating other animal this is to avoid being eaten, some moths have evolved to look like less palatable insects, such as wasps, tarantulas and the praying mantis.
- A male moth can smell a female more than 7 miles away.
- Moths and butterfly caterpillars are filled with proteins and healthy fats, and 100 grams of these insects supplies more than a 100% of the daily requirement of essential minerals including: potassium, calcium, zinc and iron.
And here’s my favorite moth. Isn’t it beautiful? 😀